Nature’s Cancer Fighting Foods
A proven approach to beating disease and enjoying peak health written by one of the country’s most dynamic health educators.
It’s a fact seldom admitted by the medical establishment: chemotherapy and radiation are only about 6% effective in fighting cancer. Prompted by public outcry, research now validates a course of cancer prevention and treatment advocated by specialists in alternative medicine and practiced for centuries in Eastern cultures–nutritional therapy.
Verne Varona shows how to stop cancer in its tracks–and even reverse it–through diet. Backed by the testimony of prominent physicians and inspiring case histories, Varona explains what kind of nourishment works best to enhance immunity and restore vitality–without sacrificing enjoyment of food. Starting with the basics of smart eating and moving to specifics on the role of antioxidants, phytochemicals, herbs, vitamins, and more in preventing and conquering cancer, he outlines a complete, easy-to-follow program for freedom from a devastating disease–and improved odds of a long, healthy life.
Aimed to make dietary changes as painless as possible, this welcome resource also features a tantalizing collection of nutritious recipes, helpful shopping and cooking tips, and sensitive advice on eating in restaurants and at social gatherings.
Macrobiotics For Dummies
The definitive guide to incorporating a macrobiotic diet into your daily life.
Do you want to make the most of macrobiotics? This practical guide uses a body, mind, and spirit approach to introduce you to the basics of this popular diet. You’ll see how to use macrobiotic principles to enhance your health and happiness; prepare the right foods to increase your energy and fight off disease; and make lifestyle changes to support your new way of eating.
- Begin on the path to healthy living — understand the science behind macrobiotics and how to apply the principles to your daily life
- Heal the macrobiotic way — discover the foods and nutrients that influence good health and heal common diseases
- Plan for successful, non-stressful change — create a macro-friendly kitchen, shop smart, and introduce new foods to the family diet
- Make marvelous macrobiotic meals — prepare delicious, easy-to-follow recipes from breakfast to dessert and plan your weekly menu
- Take it on the road — make healthy restaurant choices
- Round out your macrobiotic lifestyle — get tips for exercise, creating a more nourishing environment, and developing a self-healing personality
Open the book and find:
- The basics of macrobiotic nutrition
- How to marshal your body, mind, and spirit to renew your health
- Ten tips for prompt, permanent weight loss
- Practical ways to eliminate cravings for unhealthy food
- More than 50 healthy, tasty recipes
- Time-saving cooking techniques
- Tips on managing your blood sugar with macrobiotic foods
- The right tools and equipment to stock a healthy kitchen
- A sample macrobiotic menu